- There is an easy registration process;
- It costs nothing to access basic features on the user-friendly platform;
- You can contact as many users as desired and see who responds;
- Around the clock, you can chat or send unlimited emails;
- You can match with a user, nudge her, or like her;
- You can invite a user to enter an online chat room.
- Most emails I received were from users who lived over 100 miles away.
- Most users who liked my profile were outside of my target age range.
- Some emails were from scammers.
If you’re seeking a completely different kind of personal dating experience that will match you with Asian partners, it’s worth trying Mingle2.com. In this Mingle2 review, I’ll teach you how to search for attractive Asian men and women and determine if they would become suitable for dating partners in real life.
Out of many dating sites where you can set up a profile, choose this desktop platform for its multiple features and simple navigation. It’s fun to try each option in your free time and see who you meet. Keep in mind every user you start a chat with online might be looking for distant contact only or could be a potential scammer. Only share your personal contact details with members after messaging them on the app for a while and building trust.
I feel that there are many new friendships to be found when networking with single Asians in this vibrant cyber community, but relationships – not so much. All messages, likes, and chat requests pop up as real-time notifications on the mobile app, which means you won’t miss an important contact wherever you are.
Creating a profile on any social app means assuming risks with your photos and location data. The registration process must be completed before accessing the benefits of free membership. It took me two minutes to finish before my account was complete, and I could view profiles.
Here’s what to expect when joining Mingle2.com:
- To join as a basic user on the first screen, I entered my username, password, and email address and created a free account.
- Next, I went to my email account to confirm my profile details.
- I was required in the next step to complete a section of demographic fields before I could start to mingle online and browse thousands of cool profiles. These fields included: height, body type, ethnic origin, marital status, have children, want children, religion, drink/don’t drink, and smoke/don’t smoke.
- Compared to other dating apps and websites, I liked how the color scheme was simple, and there weren’t too many popup boxes.
- It did take a couple of minutes to load the photos of other users on the platform, so I could begin making new friends.
I liked the web version because each profile is easier to view on my laptop, but I downloaded the app and found it easier to receive notifications and start sending messages to exciting matches.
Members and Profiles
I used the search feature to find how many people were living in my area of Canada. I limited the search to profiles with photos only, but you can also use the app on your mobile phone and view the local people who signed up as members. I prefer to limit my searches to people currently online.
If you don’t want to be recognized, you can always change your settings to invisible, but this requires an upgrade. Each profile pops up with a short list of details, including first name, location, age, photo, and what he/she is looking for.
If you click on a user’s profile, you can learn more. Each user’s interests display in a list of short phrases, such as working out, meditation, scuba, art & museums, snowboarding, reading, dining out, and music. The app version of Mingle2 displays a member’s data on a smaller screen.
Sadly, free dating apps like Mingle2 are more likely to make you the target of scammers worldwide. I was contacted by many profiles of 30 to 40-year-old attractive males, but once we started interacting over email, I could tell within a few exchanges his English was forced, and I blocked them.
If someone asks you to leave the app and communicate on Whatsapp or Hangouts immediately, don’t waste your time! If a user’s way of talking does not match the profile description, concentrate on authentic users. There were also pop-up ads, mostly for Tik Tok, but, overall, the app felt safe.
Is Mingle2.com Legit?
My research on this app in the App Store proved it is legit. I wasn’t asked for any payment information or presented with other signs; it was fake. If a dating site is a scam, they usually want you to take actions that don’t feel right, such as immediately connecting to partner sites or paying to continue using the service.
Costs and Prices
I joined for free. You can upgrade to MinglePlus for $9.99 per month on a 3-month plan, $7.99 per month on a 6-month plan, or $5.83 per month on a 12-month plan. This includes seeing your Mutual Matches, invisible viewing mode, read receipts for email messages, and unlimited access to email messages (which are normally deleted after a month).
- 3 Months – 9.95 USD / Month | Total: 29.85 USD
- 6 Months – 7.95 USD / Month | Total: 47.70 USD
- 12 Months – 5.95 USD / Month | Total: 71.40 USD
Pros & Cons
If you’ve never tried online dating, using a free site offers diverse experiences, but it’s harder to match it with niche users. On Mingle2.com, one can find everything from casual encounters to long-term relationships.
Signing up for Mingle2.com is a convenient way to try casual dating and see if the experience meets your needs for adult fun. You will learn the etiquette for hookups and one night dates, which have no expectations for time commitment or other benefits of serious relationships, and see if you get the kinds of results you expect. Your best bet is to increase your range so you can talk to more partners for casual Asian dating.
It is very useful to know other worthy dating sites, such as loveforheart.com. Here you will find your love from Ukraine or another Slavic country. Worth trying.