A relationship is a roller coaster journey that takes you through ups and downs. Here is a guide that could help you learn everything about a relationship break.
Sometimes when you are in a serious relationship, you forget to appreciate their presence. You might even feel like your partner is all up in your space. This is the time when you take a small break from the overwhelming relationship. You may use this time and decide what to do further. Usually, you want some space and reassess your position in this alliance. Let’s dive deep into the topic!
What is a Relationship Break?
The arrangement differs in each relationship, but usually, people prefer to stay loyal to each other during the relationship break. But they do not communicate with each other or see each other. Taking a break in the relationship means that it turns out to be a positive thing for most couples, and whenever you do it, you need to make sure you do it for yourself.
Rules of Break: What to Keep in a Head During Separation
Before you can go ahead and announce your relationship break, make sure you both set down some rules for this period. Another way is not to have any rules which will also include not being exclusive anymore.
It is better to have some regulations so that the string of hope you were hanging on can still stay there. Here is a few advice:
- Talk to your partner about the break, make sure you have a proper discussion;
- Make sure both of you agree on the terms set for the break otherwise it won’t work;
- Set some ground rules like not having sex with another person or not seeing someone else;
- Refrain from setting a deadline since the stress is already too much;
- Reconnect with your hobbies, friends, and anything else that was not possible with the partner;
See the Better Side
There is a bright side to everything as you can learn and become more experienced. There is no exception to taking a relationship break too. It is even advised to do by some therapists whenever couples are going through a crisis.
It is time for you to figure out what went wrong, and it gives you time to think about how to make things better. Here are a few positive things to think about:
- Lost feeling of love — when you are with your lover 24/7, you don’t know how you feel about them when you are without your partner. So when you take a break, you will know exactly how you feel. You might miss them even more and would want to get back together.
- Retrospection time — take this time to go through your life and assess your life. Retrospection is very important. When you are always with him/her, you start seeing yourself how he/she sees you. In this break, you can know yourself through your assessment.
- Love from the beyond — long-distance communication can bring you together. Most therapists often suggest that you try a long distance when you are tired of each other. You will miss the love, and that feeling of meeting him/her again will bring you close.
- Settle your problems — you might think that the problem is your partner’s but most of the time it’s our problem that you need to take care of. Therefore, take a break and settle your problems so that it is not a burden anymore.
Assess your relationship? This break can even be an eye-opening revelation for you when you finally know that you are in a toxic relationship. Being with an individual you love makes you gushy, and you want to think only good about them. But maybe all the fights and tears can be because you are in a toxic relationship and you should set yourself free.
There you go with the bright side of taking a break from your relationship. You might end up getting back together stronger than ever or permanently break up from the toxic relationship. This little gap shows you everything that you need.
You may also use this time to reconnect with friends and family. Why not try a new hobby and use this time wisely? Think about it! If you are overwhelmed with whatever is going on in your life right now, it is time to take a break and probably try to use online dating!